Friday, April 15, 2011

Grandpa's Rocker and Salt Water Taffy

Denise Ellickson Palumbo When we would go up on fridays after Dad got of work it would be dark usually by the time we got there and he would be sitting on the porch reading the bible in the wooden rocker waiting for us:)

Judy Ellickson i remember being amazed that he could eat a whole apple in 2 bites.

Judy Ellickson And I vaguely recall the panel truck, and the smell of it, and salt water taffy from piggly wiggly, or was it Jack n Jill? 

Denise Ellickson Palumbo Both they had both stores there:)

John Ellickson Just a short note. The Jack and Jill store was in Decorah. The Piggly Wiggly was in Independence. He used to bring down whole wheat bread from the Piggly Wiggly. Yum Yum.

Joan   I have that rocker!  A piece of the arm is broken off.  One rocker is shortened in front, being chewed off by one of brother John's dogs (at least that's what I heard).  I recovered the seat and it's still a comfy place to sit.  On the fragile side though, so it's in a bedroom.  I sit there when I need peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment