Tuesday, April 12, 2011

John Ellickson Many people have responded. He was like having Santa Claus and Sergeant Schultz all rolled up into One. I'll post more soon.
Love John
  •  
    I remember His house. When you came into the front door you would be on a screened in front porch. His Sousaphone was in a case just off to the right of the front door that lead into the house.  The back porch was like a Norwegian Disneyland. Fishing poles, canvas bags filled with black walnuts, and squirrel tails.

  •  

  • Joan   I sketched out how I remember his house.  Livingroom was always dark, curtains closed.  There was a HUGE radio with dozens of knobs.  Grandma's Singer treddle sewing machine that I wanted to touch but couldn't.  The 10 pound black phone with no dial, pick it up and a lady would answer "central - who can I get for you?"  Narrow steep stairs to the "attic" bedrooms. Large bathroom with the toilet right next to the window.  Woodburning cooking stove.  Creepy stairs to the rock wall, dirt floor basement.  Outside. . . LP tank that made great sounds when hit (so did mom telling us to stop hitting it).  Rhubarb plants in a row in back.  The extra empty lot we could run around in.  Oh darn, I have to get ready for work now.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment